We prioritize the health and safety of attendees, exhibitors, staff and business partners. Our team is committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness throughout our facility. In light of the dramatic changes to public health guidance due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have updated or enhanced many of our cleaning and safety protocols to help ensure the safety and security of everyone who walks through our doors. Current plans and protocols are outlined below. We expect to build on these plans as new information becomes available to us and as we continue preparing to reopen for meetings and events.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building and in close proximity to every meeting room door. The touch-free stations dispense an alcohol-based disinfectant.
- All touch-points are disinfected on a continual basis during event hours and overnight. Touch-points include stair handrails, door handles, door crash-bars, elevator and ATM buttons, counters and tables, and common-area tables and benches.
- Restrooms are regularly and thoroughly disinfected during event hours. Restrooms feature touch-free toilet fixtures, urinal fixtures, and paper-towel dispensers. The touch-free designs reduce cross-contamination and encourage better hygiene.
- Capacity charts for all ballrooms, and meeting rooms will be revised to allow for physical distancing standards.
- All public areas will be configured to include wider aisles and orderly queues, where needed.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- All catering operations have been assessed and updated to align with best practices for safety and hygiene. Protocols include, but are not limited to:
- All employees must complete health screenings at the beginning of each shift and wear hairnets, gloves, and hats whose responsibilities require them.
- All food will be served as individual portions. Pre-packaged snacks are available instead of dessert trays.
- Attendants are required to pour coffee at stations.
- Bulk water will no longer be available in meeting rooms. Bottled water is available at lecterns and any additional water service needs can be provided through our food and beverage department.
- Kitchens have been redesigned to meet physical distancing standards.
STAFF PROTOCOLS & TRAINING
- All employees that can’t maintain social distancing are wearing face masks until further notice; some staff wear additional personal protective equipment suitable for their duties.
- All employees receive COVID-19 awareness training and continuous education for their roles.
- All employees have access to paid time off. We instruct our employees to stay home when they feel ill, and to inform our Human Resources team immediately if they are aware of any possible exposure to COVID-19.
All disinfectants are on the EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for use against COVID-19.